This is a web version of WhatsApp and it has all the features that a WhatsApp application has. This article is going to introduce you to how you can use WhatsApp Web to communicate with your family and friends.
WhatsApp is one of the most popular messaging apps in the world with over 1 billion active users. The app is famous for its group chat feature where you can chat with up to 256 people at once and share photos, videos, and voice messages.
Launched in 2016, this service allows mobile phone users to send messages, photos, videos, and other media over the internet using an internet browser without using their phones. You can sign up for the web using your mobile phone and start chatting with your contacts even if they are not on the same platform.
What is WhatsApp Web? How does it work?
WhatsApp web is a new feature of the popular messaging app. It allows users to use WhatsApp without having to download the app.
With this, a person can chat on WhatsApp as long as they have an internet connection. They can also share media, send images and video messages just like one would do with the mobile phone app. It does not require any installation whatsoever and it only requires an internet connection.
In order for WhatsApp to work on your computer, all you need is access to a browser like Chrome, Firefox, or Safari, and if you want it in full-screen mode then you will need Adobe Flash Player Plugin installed. Also, you can download the WhatsApp Web application on your computer to use it.
Some of the benefits of using WhatsApp Web
- WhatsApp Web is a way to use WhatsApp without having to worry about the app. It can be accessed on your computer’s web browser and is compatible with Windows, Mac, Linux, and Chrome OS.
- Avoiding “low battery” notifications. You can use this messenger application on your computer while charging the phone.
- Avoiding Low Storage Issues in Phone. By using the application on your computer, you don’t need to worry about the storage of files on your phone.
- You can directly share anything (Photos, Videos, Documents, Contacts) from your computer or laptop to your contacts. You don’t need to transfer your files to phones for the purpose of sharing.
Get Started with WhatsApp Web by following these steps
1. Two ways you can use the WhatsApp Web on your computer
WhatsApp Web is a browser-based client for the WhatsApp messaging application. This passage will discuss two ways you can use the application on your computer.
If you are running Windows, you can use the official desktop app, which should be available on this link: https://web.whatsapp.com/
If instead, you are running macOS or Linux, your best option for using this application will be to download Chrome and then install the extension “WhatsApp web” from this link: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/whatsapp-web.
A) Download and install the latest version of WhatsApp
You can visit this site: https://www.whatsapp.com/download/ to download and install the latest version of the app on your computer.
B) WhatsApp Web using The Web Browser
To get the application on your computer, one needs to open any browser and go to https://web.whatsapp.com/. The first thing that pops up is the login screen on which one has to enter their phone number and click sign in. After this, they will be redirected to the homepage of WhatsApp from where one can start chatting with people on their contact list.
2. Sign in to WhatsApp Web by Scanning the QR Code
Signing into WhatsApp Web by scanning the QR code of the app from your phone is quick and easy. To log in to your own account on the desktop, you need to follow these steps:
- Open WhatsApp on your phone.
- Touch the 3 dots at the top right corner
- Then touch the “Linked Devices”
- Then touch the Link A Device
- It will use the camera as a scanner to read the QR Code of the WhatsApp Web app, showing on your Computer Screen. Once scanned successfully, the interface of your mobile WhatsApp will be loaded as it is.
- Now you can continuously use the Application until you log out.
3. Chat with all your friends Regardless of their platform
With the help of this web app, you can chat with all of your friends on WhatsApp. You will not miss any updates and conversations.
This feature is perfect for those who find themselves always on the go and need to have full access to their chats without having to constantly open up the app on their phone.
4. Share files and links using this application
The application allows you to share files with your friends and family. You can also upload pictures, videos, documents, location pins, and links. Even you can share Big Zip File up to 100 MB in a single attachment. Media saved in-app will be limited to 16 MB.
5. WhatsApp Web can only be used on one device at a time
Users can now access this messenger service on their desktop browsers and log in using their account information. With the latest update, it is possible to use this application on up to three devices simultaneously.
Though the WhatsApp Web can now be used on up to three devices at a time, users can’t use all three devices at a time. Users can only use one device for it. This new update is a welcome update to those who often find themselves juggling multiple devices at once. The user interface has been updated as well with many new features added such as Voice Calling and video chatting.
>>> Are you confused about whether the Deletion of WhatsApp Group works or not? Whether the data were exchanged through WhatsApp Group will retain to Group Members or not? How To Delete WhatsApp Group <<<
6. Make sure that your phone is always connected to the internet
Make sure that your phone has an active internet connection while you use your WhatsApp account on your computer using the Browser or the application on your computer.
Because it continuously syncs with your WhatsApp Mobile Application. If synchronization interrupts due to the unavailability of the internet in your phone, it will stop on your computer as well.
7. How to log out from WhatsApp Web
- You can log out from the wapplication from your computer in two ways. The first one is to go to the Menu tab on WhatsApp Web Application or Browser on your computer and click on Log Out.
- The second one is to open WhatsApp on your phone and go to 3 dots → Linked Devices → Find the Device Status → click on the devices one by one → and select LOG OUT. The second process is very useful. If you forget to log out from the web application on your Computer and are worried about privacy, it’s possible to log out on your phone at any time. This will save you from losing any of your accounts’ data.
Disadvantages of WhatsApp Web on Computer
Though WhatsApp Web has become popular and many people are using this on their computer, but it has some drawbacks.
Whenever you open an old chat on your computer, it starts downloading all the media files immediately. You have to waste some unwanted internet data. There is no control like the phone to save internet data.
You can’t create a new status on your computer. You also can’t delete the existing status on your computer. Though you can check the status of others as well, for creating a new status, you have to take the help of your phone’s WhatsApp application.
Conclusion of Using WhatsApp Web on Computer
This application does not offer all of the features of the mobile app. But, if you overlook the minor drawbacks, the application is really beneficial apart from official work and personal sharing. Also, the user can be hands-free while using group video calls on WhatsApp Web. There will be more such posts related to this WhatsApp application in the future. How to use the application on your computer in a smarter way.